God’s country

Just leaving Innsbruck for Singapore. Kept my windows and balcony doors open so I may breathe the fresh mountain air all night, and stayed awake listening to the gentle patter of rain. As the light broke over the mountains that I can see from my balcony, I saw fresh snow powdered over the trees on the mountains – God’s very delicate touch reminding me to come back here,
I am back here on the 17th of June for the opening of my Art Installation

14 Responses to “God’s country”

1. kavitha says:

God’s spatial technology is his wireless communication with us, if we are willing to tune our *frequencies* to receive.
    This came to me through a friend….enjoy!
    (The last picture is amazing — does anybody see a face looking upon you there?)

2. Varsha says:

Wow! Sounds awesome….God’s own country…I envy you SKji

3. kedar says:

shekhar,
    what is this Art Installation all about?

4. Chaitali says:

Okay I will add that to the list of places I want to visit. 🙂

5. DQ says:

Chashmaaaaaaaaa
    Wa! Waa!
    Chashma lag gaya….
    Psst pata hai kya?
    Doc was ‘Hunksum’…Hunksum for me aint mean muscles popping out like pimples…
    N, N then he said okie now we are through with ur eye check up, how else may i help you?
    Me: yes you certainly could help me!
    He: how may I?
    Me: I like your glasses, may I have it?
    He: Yes you could, but it has my power which is not suitable for you…
    Me: Never mind I can break the glass, u may keep it, I will keep da frame
    He:Scratches his head…
    Me: Okie doc won’t bother you I take leave
    As I opened the door to leave, I heard some muttering like this
    Ayi balla Taal thu
    Awwwwwwwwww
    Hugsssssss

6. austere says:

Kya aish ke time mein big BOSS ney scene banaya hoga, nahi?
    Lovely.
    (*translation: the Big BOSS must have created this scene when he had tons of time to spare)

7. Cinda says:

Just leaving Innsbruck for Singapore.
    and stayed awake listening to the gentle patter of rain.
    As the light broke over the mountains
    that I can see from my balcony,
    I saw fresh snow powdered over the trees
    on the mountains
    – God’s very delicate touch reminding me to come back here
    ~~~
    poetic beauty…ahhhhhh

8. ideaunique says:

Shekhar,
    I’d like to gift you Sri Aurobindo’s books – SAVITRI and LIFE DIVINE – if that’s ok – I can send it by post to your Innsbruck address – pl. send me email with your address….

9. Harb says:

if there is a bit of place for foolishness in God’s own country then a few minute’s visit to read the post “Indian cricket team placed under the protection of Punjab Police” at
    may be worthwhile.

10. kedar says:

what is it? an audio visual set up?

11. Neeta says:

Shekhar,
    Cool place to be! Looking forward to the art pic.
    Kedar,
    This explains the art installation http://www.shekharkapur.com/blog/archives/2009/01/pablo_picasso_s.htm

12. Dast says:

I had read somewhere that Singapore has one of the best Sylabbus / School Curriculum. I want you to establish a Quality High School in India.,where quality education is imparted on a no-loss-no-profit basis. Of course an initial expense of Rs. 2 crores is inevitable(land+buildings+infrastructure). But Shekhar, having reached the intellectual level that you have; it would be much better for you to have a High School as your legacy rather than a Bungalow. This will entail sacrifice…. but God will give you more. Do something tangible and practical without noise . Change ground reality. This is the way India will change. This is the “trickle-down-effect” in operation.
    Select one backward district from Sachar Report and establish one quality high school. This is in the spirit of a request. Hope you do not mind this unsolicited advice. Thank You.

13. kedar says:

Ahh…now i remember…thank you Neeta…
    must be grand!… 🙂

14. Jodi Mohler says:

Thanks for the read, but I have a question, where do you see it in about one years time, do you see it changing at all, for the better or worse?