The two of me

only one
but till then
I must learn
to be two

i am after all
only human

29 Responses to “The two of me”

1. Sheela Nandini says:

Been troubled so much with these inner warring, conflicting selves within that there times I wonder if I’m human at all!!!

Tell me, putting aside Vedanta and monism etc- on this earthly,very human plane does it really really take two to make one whole,Shekharji?

Love
    sheela

2. abhishek says:

connecting as always. :)

3. vineet says:

this is the real complexities existing within our times!

4. Upama Rai says:

Beautiful.. I would like to share this in few lines in my Face book. Thanking you.

5. Kushal says:

Hello sir, I really love your poem.

I am feeling like that lots of times in my life. After reading your poem I feel it’s me, a truth that I can read and feel. Yes I am after all only human.

I wrote this as my heart’s response to your poem

Araz kiya hain, Dekhata hu main jab- jab ayeney main,
    Toh ye sochta hu main ||

Kya main vahi hu,
    Jo tu dekhata hain mujh main ||

From Kushal

6. archana jha says:

hello shekhar,

i always like your writing on different subjects…
    you write so well…
    but this is fantastic.

i am waiting for a book…

archana

7. Ravindra Singh Yadav says:

Behtareen..Yahee toh hai zindagee ka “Dwandwa.

8. Krishnamurthy Suresh says:

More than the thoughts which rank amongst the best I have read in the past five decades, I am floored by the simplicity of words and expressions. Thanks for making my Sunday. Love it.

9. cass says:

only one (1)
    but till then
    I must learn
    to be two 2 = (1) + (1)

Im one, but twice………..So I am 2

10. Aniruddha Talukdar says:

To put yourself on the line and lay it bare, for the world to see, needs courage and immense self belief. Much love and respect Sir.

11. Sheela Nandini says:

Dear Shekharji, is there somewhere I could write you to share details of my cell phone number and place of stay in Bengaluru ? Thanks.

Love
    sheela

12. Sheela Nandini says:

Just tweeted you.Thanks a ton!

Love
    sheela

13. Harb says:

You are One even now in the one who notes all the above different aspects.

14. Sheela Nandini says:

Shekharji, do I need to have a Twitter account to be able to use that? Just got a note on gmail that my message was not delivered :(

15. Sheela Nandini says:

HAPPY DIWALI to you and all your loved ones,Shekharji!

Am leaving this evening by train to Bengaluru.Sad that your twitter ID is not compatible with gmail-is there an alternative ID or would it be asking for too much to receive an email from you at mine. You know, Diwali magic and all that:)

Bengaluru, here I come!

Love
    sheela

16. Reuben says:

All of the above qualities has a evolutionary purpose and it is only natural you have all these since you are a product of natural selection.

17. shekhar says:

hope you had a great diwali, will e mail you soon, shekhar

18. Sheela Nandini says:

Look forward to that email,Shekharji! Well, I was on the train Diwalii night so missed out on both the noise and Lights :)
    Thank you!

Love
    sheela

19. Sheela Nandini says:

Dear Shekharji,

Was at Qyuki this afternoon:)

Love
    sheela

20. Sunny says:

Dear Shekhar Ji,

I recently about your Movie PAANI. I have written a Poem on Paani sometime back and it fits the plot of your story completely. In fact it amazed me how similar the topics are.I would like to email you that poem , please email me your contact email id.
    I do not want to paste the poem here..

Regards
    Sunny

21. Lalkaar (on Delhi Gang Rape Case)

Raat ki kaali dhool mein simatkar,
    Ek kuchli phool padi thi sadak par.

Vehshat ka failaa kuch aisa saaya,
    Ke sooraj sharm se ugg na paaya.

Phool ne jab maangi zindagi ki duaa,
    To maut bhi ulte pair rawaana hua.

Awaam ne mombattiyaan sulgaayi,
    Aur sarkaar ne laathiyaan barsaayi.

Aise kitne phool yun hi kuchle jaayenge,
    Aise kitne dhool andhere yun udaayenge,

Dange, ghotaale, aur aatankwaad hum bhoole,
    Ab balaatkaar bhi chaai mein ghol pii jayenge?

Surkhiyaan yeh ab khabar banne na paaye,
    Khaamoshi ki shehed, zeher banne na paaye,

Lahoo ke surme se har phool ne aankhein sajaayi hain
    Kehdo andhero se ke humne sooraj se lau jalaayi hain.

- Prakash Gowda
    Vadodara, Gujarat

22. kapil joshi says:

the observer and the observed
    does it ever end?
    and yet there is an aloof awareness;
    unaffected by it all,
    that is aware of both;
    the observer and the observed…

23. Naveen Kapur says:

nice expression…at the end, it all boils down to the fact that life is all about spiritual union with the Divine…we cry, we enjoy, we remain superficial, we deal with commerce, society…in our limited ways..we live in the material and die in the material…yet our cells cry for that union…

24. Hello Sir,

Love this poem, I’m putting it on my poetry page http://www.facebook.com/readpoetry
    Let me know if you have any objections, I’ll remove it.

Arti

25. Neeta says:

As the Dalai Lama said why not just be kind. Why Jealous, greedy and hate ? These may not natural to us. We could choose to be forgiving and this would also free us up to do other things. thanks for sharing.
    Quite a poem Prakash..

26. Surabhi says:

As usual it is beautiful…..Your approach towards any subject makes you different from others. You are a great observer.
    Regards
    Surabhi

27. Kanika says:

I’m a huge fan of yours. There was a lump in my throat when i read it, because like every other, these lines sum up my life.

28. BlueSky says:

Just beautiful. Simple. Deep, and thought provoking. Yet, deep down, we already knew it before we read it…we just didn’t know it. Thanks for shinning the light on …our beingness…